Thursday 27 January 2011

ROW update 7: The slowing


The question is 'should I change my goals to fit around my life'? No! My life, while full, is full of daily habits and routines I should learn to get through with more efficiency. I should also learn to stop procrastinating. I never will, but I can try. However, I am slowing under my own expectations as I fall behind.

Here's a little graph of my progress each day. Grey bars are where I should be and purple bars are where I actually am. (This is only a recording of the days I actually write, the travelling days, if included, would make this graph look rather miserable).
I am, unquestionably, slowing down.


A linky to everyone else:
http://www.linkytools.com/wordpress_list.aspx?id=65676&type=basic

3 comments:

  1. Slowing down isn't so bad, necessarily. Stopping would be bad. You haven't stopped. Do what you can, when you can, and you win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need to make sure you haven't set your goals too high. If you feel like you have, change them. If you haven't, then try to figure out what it is that's actually slowing you down. But remember...you haven't quit, and that's the most important thing. This isn't life or death. We have to do the best we can. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! I think you're doing great! Take a nice deep breath, have a drink of something cool and calming and work on harnessing your inner hedgehog.

    I find myself looking at your site quite often - you and I are the only two "mixed-genre" listings at hot vs. not! Keep up the good work, colleague... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I could hug you already!